What Are the Steps To Buy Bike Insurance Plans Online?
If you own a two wheeler, it is mandatory for you to have a bike insurance plan. It is very important to buy a good plan that offers a wide-ranging cover. However, your plan should be economical too. Thankfully, bike insurance is not a very expensive form of motor insurance and you can get a very good policy at a very competitive rate. But how can you find the best plan? You simply need to go online and make a purchase. Take a look at this article to know exactly how it can be done.
Get low cost bike insurance online
There are many advantages of buying insurance online. First and foremost, you get to save a lot of time. This is because the plans can be bought instantly, within a few minutes. You don’t have to worry about the insurer’s office hours, long queues, etc. You can simply log in and make the purchase whenever you want.
Then, the two wheeler insurance plans available online are relatively cheaper too. There are many reasons behind this. In the first place, the insurance agents are not involved and so you save a lot of money on the brokerage fees. The insurance providers also offer the products at discounted rates as they save on the administrative and processing fees. So overall, you get a great insurance plan for your bike and end up with many savings too.
To locate the feature-loaded, inexpensive two wheeler insurance policies, you can run an online comparison on websites like Coverfox.com. Unless you compare the available options, you won’t know what is available and you may miss out on a great deal. So, make use of the comparison tools and locate your ideal bike insurance plan in just a few seconds.
What does my policy cover?
Bike insurance, whether bought online or offline, has two major categories – the third party cover and the comprehensive cover.
- Third party cover: The law in India makes it compulsory for every two wheeler owner to insure their vehicle. You cannot take your bike out on the roads unless you have a basic third party cover. The third party cover has provisions for death or injury to a third party involved in an accident with your vehicle. If such an incident takes place, the insurance provider will compensate the third party on your behalf. Then, the plan also covers the third party damages. Any damage to the vehicle or property of a third party, caused by your vehicle is covered. As a policyholder, you are also covered against an injury or death. If you die in an accident, your nominee will receive a death benefit.
- Comprehensive cover: The comprehensive cover is a larger insurance umbrella available to the bike owners. A comprehensive bike insurance online plan has all the provisions of a third party cover. Additionally, it also covers the damages to the policyholder’s own vehicle. So, you get more protection and it helps to keep your precious bike safe as well.
How to buy bike insurance online?
Now let us take a look at the steps to buying a two wheeler insurance plan online:
- Go online
- Enter your details and run a quick comparison
- Locate the best insurance plan at the best rate
- Select the plan
- Enter the details (personal as well as your vehicle’s)
- Submit the documents
- Make the payment
Just like that, in a matter of a few minutes, you will have the policy issued in your name! Buying the insurance plan or renewing it online is a real blessing as it gives you the benefits of speed, convenience and brings in the all-important factor of affordability.
In a nutshell
For an avid rider, there are very few things in life that are as satisfying as riding a bike. However, you must be safe at all times and keep your precious vehicle protected too. The best way to do this is by getting a good bike insurance plan. As we saw, the plans are easily available online and that too at a very competitive rate. So, what are you waiting for? Just log in and get yourself a great two wheeler insurance policy today.